Hey, all, and welcome to the last Saturday of 2020! What a weird year, yet I can say that it was a full year abounding in blessings and opportunities. God has been good to us this past year in so many ways, topping it off with a warm and relaxing Christmas.
So I thought, “Wouldn’t it be nice to finish up this year’s blog posts with something fun?” And I found this Christmas Song book tag over on The Book Nut. I didn’t do all of them, but definitely check out the link if you wanted to see all the prompts and join in this tag as well.
1. “You’re a Mean One Mr. Grinch”: Name a villainous character you couldn’t help but love.
I had to think about this one, because I’m not one to often ‘love’ villainous characters – unless it’s an appreciation of how they were portrayed as villains. And most the time I enjoy the antagonists more than the villains (because yes, there is a difference!?) Of the two I’m thinking of, only one is actually a bona fide villain, so I’ll go with Alex from The Reaper Trilogy.
Alex was a villain I did not like on an almost visceral level, so I say she’s one I loved. To not like. If that makes any sense at all.
2. “All I Want for Christmas is You”: Which book to you most hope to see under your Christmas tree?
A very special edition of Howl’s Moving Castle , done by The Folio Society.
And I got it. ?? It is quite lovely.
3. “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer”: Name a character that overcomes major obstacles and learns to believe in themselves.
Uh, Hiccup Horrendous Haddok III, anyone?
Such a good series. Such a good kid.
4. “Santa Claus is Coming to Town”: a) Which character do you think would be on the top of the naughty list?
Really, y’all? Too many to count.
b) Which character do you think would be at the top of the nice list?
Again. Too many to count.
5. “Feliz Navidad”: Choose a book that takes place in a country other than your own.
Um . . . all of them? Okay, there’s probably two or three that do actually take place in the U.S., but the vast majority of them most certainly do NOT.
Magical-ish. Fantastical-ish. Full-ish of monsters. Definitely not this country. Or, you know, world.
6. “Sleigh Ride”: Which fictional character would you choose to spend the holidays with (doesn’t have to be a love interest!)
Oh . . . Rowan, I think.
I would enjoy giving him cocoa and hearing all about his adventures.
7. “Do you hear what I hear”: Which book do you think everyone should read?
Gonna be totally honest and real here: the Bible. I mean, even if you don’t read it for the teaching of the Christian faith, it has pretty much everything that makes the stories we love so great. Action, adventure, daring-do, romance, supernatural encounters, talking donkeys, floating axe heads – the list just goes on! Just thinking about all of the things that happen, and wrapping my brain around the fact that it all actually happened just boggles me, makes me realize anew what a great God we have.
And now it’s your turn! Consider yourself tagged – I’d love to see your own answers to these prompts! And have a glad New Year, y’all. See you in 2021!